So what is sea glass?
Some facts about sea glass
- originates from glass that has been through into the sea
- is found on rocky coastlines
- is naturally weathered by salt water and wave action
- is becoming rare as glass has been replaced by plastic and people recycle glass more
- is considered a semi-precious stone by jewelry designers
The most highly prized - and rare - colors of sea glass are red and cobalt blue
Green, brown and white sea glass are easiest to find as bottles continue to be manufactured in these colors.